The Mission:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

#66 New Food: Mousaka

Anthony and I celebrated our second anniversary today.

In a very grand way - we ran errands all day and then went to My Big Fat Greek Restaurant for dinner (because we had a coupon!).

The thing we didn't realize was that the coupon (from Restaurants.com) required us to spend $50 to get our $25 off. Yeah, pretty worthless, since we only usually spend $25 anyway, so we just got a lot of extra food for the same money we would have otherwise spent.

But it did allow us to try their sampler platter. It consisted of gyro meat, lamb chops, pork/steak/chicken souvlaki (skewers), rice, potatoes, mousaka, pastitsio, and tzatziki. It normally costs $18 per person, which we normally don't spend. But the amount of food almost justifies the cost - the dinner plate they brought out was the size of a large pizza pan, piled high with food!

Oh, and as a side note, the pitas here are soooooooo much better than Pita Jungle. Ok, that's all I needed to say.

Anyway, I had never had mousaka before, and it was actually pretty good. It is a baked pasta with eggplant, zucchini, and potato in it. Not exactly what I was expecting, and pretty rich - I don't think I could eat just that for a meal - but surprisingly very tasty.

I just keep hearing in my head the scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding where the girls call it "moose ca ca." Haha....it makes it hard to really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment